Chen Tai-chi Silk Reeling
Silk Reeling - Known as the "dance of the immortal," tai chi is recognized as promoting health, strength, life and longevity among older practitioners. A gentle, yet effective way to keep fit, Qi Medicine/Silk Reeling combines meditative breathing and mental focus with a series of fluid, low-impact movements that are easy on joints and muscles. Through breathing techniques and promotion of proper body alignment, this program can help alleviate pain from arthritis and other chronic ailments. Plus, since it is a weight-bearing activity, it is considered beneficial in the prevention of osteoporosis.
- Phase 1 - Sink in hip slowly fan arm horizontal
- Phase 2 - Sink hip step out to side fan arm horizontal
- Phase 3 - Sink hip wave hands 3 X's to close
- Phase 4 - Sink hip wave hands 3 X's to leg lift then close
- Phase 1 - Sink hip step out to side & retract foot.
- Phase 2 - Sink hip step out & circle hand in front
- Phase 3 - Sink hip step out & circle hand on side
- Phase 4 - Sink hip step out & circle hand travel
- Phase 5 - Sink hip step out & circle 2 hands travel